Description of Award:
The purpose of this award is to provide financial support for a UConn student who, in the previous year, completed a doctoral dissertation of particular distinction. The recipient is chosen by a committee of three: one faculty member for Special Education, one faculty member from Educational Psychology, and one member representing the Kahn Family.
Laurie and Alan Schoenberg
- The Ph.D degree must have been completed in either Special Education or an area of concentration within the field of study of Educational Psychology.
- The dissertation will have been successfully defended during the preceding calendar year beginning January 1st and ending December 31st.
- Each faculty member in the Educational Psychology Department may nominate one student for the award, indicating the reasons for the nomination and the merits of the dissertation.
Selection will be based on four equally weighted criteria:
- excellence of writing, including conceptual clarity
- the extent to which the dissertation contributes to scholarly literature
- the appropriateness and adequacy of the research methodology
- the extent to which the dissertation addresses an issue having practical implications.