Description of Award:
The Neag School’s Alumni Board sponsors a scholarship given annually to a graduate student(s) in the Neag School of Education.
The Alumni Board, composed of graduates of the Neag School of Education, created this scholarship as a means of investing in the education and experience of future generations of Neag School students.
The Board seeks to support a Neag School student(s) with strong academic achievement and in need of financial assistance through this scholarship fund. The award(s) will be made to a student(s) enrolled in a graduate program in the Neag School.
The Neag School of Education Alumni Board Members
- In Fall 2023, the applicant must be currently enrolled in a graduate program (Master’s, Sixth-Year, or Ph.D.) in UConn’s Neag School of Education or beginning a graduate program (Master’s, Sixth-Year, or Ph.D.) in the Neag School.
- Demonstrated academic achievement
- Demonstrated financial need
For consideration, please complete the application form and attach a 300-word essay detailing your qualifications for this scholarship in terms of one of the following criteria: (1) A financial need; (2) Academic excellence. In your essay, please address one or more of the following:
- Factors or experiences that led you to choose a career in education;
- Obstacles you have had to overcome to earn a degree;
- How you would like to use your education to improve the lives of others;\
- Difficult life choices you have had to make that illustrate your character and/or personal integrity
- Personal qualities/characteristics you share with an outstanding educator you have known.
Written application will be scored according to the following criteria: Coherent Essay Development; Financial Need and/or Academic Excellence; and Evidence of Personal Character, Integrity, and Resilience
Also required as a part of your application are your current résumé and an unofficial copy of your transcript.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Friday, March 10, 2023